Friday: head down to Koko to do a postrait of a chap called Daveid, who organised music at Koko, for lecool. Nice guy, saw him for about five minutes, one of those people who make you think that they will always be in the background of cool. When I got home, the food delivery had arrived, from Waitrose. There's something a bit frightening about having luxury goods delivered to your home once a week; it's a bit like looking into a future of never leaving the house. Later I went to my friend Michelle's birthday drinks in Shoreditch. When I got there, she introduced me to her friends, who all seemed a bit taken aback by me, as if they thought I was someone she'd just got talking to on the street. Met her boyfriend for the first time, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone smile so much. After that I headed down to Fabric; it was the first time I'd been to a club that size since the smoking ban kicked in, and holy crap it stank. Fabric is a nice club filled with worrying people; I stayed a couple of hours and then went home.
Monday: spent a lot of time reading, finished American Gods and a book that Mick leant me about the Ripper murders. Then spent a lot of time thinking about people I don't see any more, and how it's a bit wrong with the world that I can wrench my life into something approaching a stable shape and then lose what I wanted the stability for. Heard from my father; his illness turned out to be less serious than they first thought, so they won't be slicing him open too much more, and there's no great need to panic. My father has celebrated this by going into hiding.
Tuesday: went to see Heavy Trash, Jon Spencer's new band, and they were absolutely fantastic.
Wednesday, 10 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment