Tuesday, 15 July 2008

McFearless

Get online you, I have some work you might be interested in.....

In terms of life-changing moments, probably not the most obviously significant moment in my life. Although the sender was in Juba, I was presuming it'd be a do-a-favour-for-me-in-London sort of thing; instead, a rushed collection of written and photographic portfolio sent off to someone in need of a photographer and writer in South Sudan for a month, documenting AIDS prevention work and water purification work, at a fantastic daily rate with all expenses paid; on top of that, a clear opportunity for freelance work, with the added benefit of recently-established lines of communication with a good photographic agency - http://www.axiomphotographic.com and the bottom line being it is absolutely and totally what I want to be doing with my life, no question about it. Not because it's a cause I am passionate about or because it's travel, just because it consumes the best of my skills and does SOMETHING with them that doesn't just involve selling a place or an event or a person. How's that for right on?

In the meantime, my daily quota of ire-filled moments remains high, although targets switch often. Today: vocal memes, in particular - "rock up" as in, to rock up to a place; and "mashup", which apparently was originally a phrase used to mean a combination of digital sources being combined into one output (very web 2.0) but has since been stuck onto any event involving more than one person and IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!! SOOOO ANGRY!!!!! I don't know why.


Walker hits the road
What would I care
I like going nowhere
I got the rain

No comments: